"One day it occurred to me that it had been many years since the world had been afforded the spectacle of a man adventurous enough to undertake a journey through Germany on foot. After much thought, I decided that I was a person fitted to furnish to mankind this spectacle. So I determined to do it. This was in March, 1878." Mark Twain, A Tramp Abroad

6.11.09

A New Perspective

This is the face of a baby who is very proud of herself, and even a wee bit smug. "See, look at me. I am soooo not a baby anymore. I can stand."



That's right folks. For the past week the only thing that Penelope wants to do is pull herself up so she can stand up like the rest of us. And lucky for her, our beds that now live in the main room of our apartment (yes, the little one kicked us out of the only bedroom--but since it means all three of us get a good night's sleep, we're not complaining) are the perfect height for Penelope's plump little hands to grab and pull up on.



The only problem is that once up she's not quite sure how to get down. The toys down there look awfully tempting...



Penelope much prefers the world from this vantage point...



...because Homo Erectus she desires to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment