"One day it occurred to me that it had been many years since the world had been afforded the spectacle of a man adventurous enough to undertake a journey through Germany on foot. After much thought, I decided that I was a person fitted to furnish to mankind this spectacle. So I determined to do it. This was in March, 1878." Mark Twain, A Tramp Abroad

10.11.09

Christmas in November

The grandparents arrived in Heidelberg on Saturday...with PRESENTS! The little one was delighted to celebrate her first Christmas a little early.









Penelope was a bit unsure of what to do at first, but with a bit of encouragement from D.D. and Poppy T...






...she dove right in






--to the the tissue paper, that is.





I, being the practical one, was most excited about all the new winter clothes (!)



Penelope, on the other hand, was really into poking at the blinking eyes of her first baby doll and sucking on the doll's bottle.




Being a baby, Penelope of course needed help the whole way through with opening her presents.





But in all honesty, I'm pretty sure we enjoyed the whole process more than she did!



No comments:

Post a Comment