"One day it occurred to me that it had been many years since the world had been afforded the spectacle of a man adventurous enough to undertake a journey through Germany on foot. After much thought, I decided that I was a person fitted to furnish to mankind this spectacle. So I determined to do it. This was in March, 1878." Mark Twain, A Tramp Abroad

29.9.09

Yo! Welcome to my Crib



Little by little we are getting settled into our new digs. One of the first changes that had to be made was to take out the superfluous crib bedding. Apparently German babies sleep with a little pillow and duvet in their crib--a big 'No! No!' according to the American Pediatric Association due to the increased danger of SIDS.

So, after allowing Penelope to play around in it for a little while, we stripped it down to only the sheet--and gave ourselves a gold star for following our pediatrician's advice. But let's face it, the crib was way more comfy how it was before.


Now I'm off to find a crib bumper to keep those darned pacifiers from falling to the floor in the middle of the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment