"One day it occurred to me that it had been many years since the world had been afforded the spectacle of a man adventurous enough to undertake a journey through Germany on foot. After much thought, I decided that I was a person fitted to furnish to mankind this spectacle. So I determined to do it. This was in March, 1878." Mark Twain, A Tramp Abroad

6.8.09

Would you like a spot of tea?

Grandma took the little one and me out to tea this afternoon at Maids of Honour tea room--about a 30 minute walk from their flat. This has been a favourite past time of mine since our visits to London began a few years ago. For some reason I never feel guilty about adding heaps of cream and sugar to my tea or smothering a scone with clotted cream when enjoying a proper English tea. And, of course, Penelope remembered her manners and behaved perfectly.


Here are some other highlights from the past week in London...


Tea and a side of Hemingway with Father at Pembroke Lodge in Richmond Park. She's progressed quite quickly from board books.


Strolling the streets of London. I am beginning to acquire a whole new set of skills--how to manuever a stroller up and down flights of stairs and escalators in order to ride public transportation. I feel very sorry for those of you in wheelchairs.

Penelope hamming it up for the camera in St. James's Park.


Princess P visits Buckingham Palace.


There's nothing better than a stroll along the Thames in Richmond,
especially when it involves ice cream with the grandparents!
(All you London weather skeptics, please take note of the brilliant bright sky)

A picnic at dusk by the Richmond Bridge with the little one.
By the way, a picnic blanket with a waterproof bottom is an excellent investment.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I have never seen a cuter baby. She is absolutely perfect and so photogenic! I absolutely see her father in her now (I shouldn't mention names, right?) And London looks so amazing. I would give anything to be there next to you enjoying cream....oh, and tea, if I must. I can't get enough of all the beautiful pictures you posted. You and Mark Twain look fabulous, too! Thank you for letting me in on your spectacular adventure. I look forward to sharing a small part of this new chapter in your life! Caitlyn will melt when she sees the London pictures! Keep in touch! Love TLC

    ReplyDelete