"One day it occurred to me that it had been many years since the world had been afforded the spectacle of a man adventurous enough to undertake a journey through Germany on foot. After much thought, I decided that I was a person fitted to furnish to mankind this spectacle. So I determined to do it. This was in March, 1878." Mark Twain, A Tramp Abroad

27.8.09

Welcome to Gummy Bear Heaven!

Germany is home to the Gummy Bear, and I located an amazing shop in Marburg that has dedicated itself to the delicacy. There are gummy bears in every flavor imaginable and tons of gummy bear creations--Gummy bear liquor and tea, a birthday cake made of Gummy bears, shish-ka-bobs made of Gummy bears, and even a Gummy Bear pizza. My personal favorite is the super sour toungue-shaped gummy bear. It's tickle-your-taste-buds delicious!

The Gummy Bear store

Gummy Bear Pizza (but who puts eggs on a pizza??)

Penelope sort of resembles a gummy bear

By the time I leave Marburg I will be a gummy bear connaisseur!

Gummy Bears reign supreme here in Marburg. Here, at the Marburger Hof Hotel, they leave "sleepy sheep" gummy bears on your pillow instead of mints. I've also seen gummy bear cookies at the local bakeries. Mmmmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment