1. Penelope has her own room and her own bed! (Just don’t dwell on the fact that the crib isn’t up to safety standards and the paint has been gnawed off in places by the countless other babies who have slept in it.)
2. The father and I have our own beds! (One twin bed for him and one twin bed for me--complimented by rock-hard mattresses.)
3. There is a furnished kitchen! (That only contains a sink, a dorm-size fridge and a stove with two burners. I guess I’ll be doing some creative cooking with no oven or microwave and one pot and pan.)
4. There are lots of desks! (One is now a changing table, one is our kitchen table--located not in the tiny kitchen but rather next to our bed--and one remains a desk.)
5. There are large windows! (Which are necessary to keep open because there is no air conditioning, and when they are open they conveniently let in all the street noises below—and the occasional drunk university student ranting in German at 1:30 am.)
6. There are lots of things to do and see in Marburg! (Which come in handy because I think I would go crazy hanging around this lovely dorm room all day!!!)
But Penelope doesn't mind!