"One day it occurred to me that it had been many years since the world had been afforded the spectacle of a man adventurous enough to undertake a journey through Germany on foot. After much thought, I decided that I was a person fitted to furnish to mankind this spectacle. So I determined to do it. This was in March, 1878." Mark Twain, A Tramp Abroad

29.12.09

Interlude

Although it appears that I have forgotten about this blogging business, that is far from the truth. I actually have tons of photos and anecdotes to share with you about the adventures with my family over the past week, but for the time being I am on a technology retreat. Our tiny apartment wouldn't hold all of us, so we are renting a large apartment in the Heidelberg Altstadt during their visit. The 17th century building has lots of quaint characteristics and an amazing view of the city, but there is no internet to be had within its walls. So here I am in this internet cafe, stealing away a few minutes to write this before we move on to another adventure. Hope you had a very merry christmas, and I will meet you here in the new year...

No comments:

Post a Comment