"One day it occurred to me that it had been many years since the world had been afforded the spectacle of a man adventurous enough to undertake a journey through Germany on foot. After much thought, I decided that I was a person fitted to furnish to mankind this spectacle. So I determined to do it. This was in March, 1878." Mark Twain, A Tramp Abroad

25.10.09

The Tongue

Inside that cute little mouth is the longest tongue known to man.



She keeps it hidden most of the time, but every so often it makes an appearance.

At first, it just peeks out. But when it approaches a tasty object (like a table leg)...




it unfurls itself completely...



...in order to get a nice, long lick.



Mmmm...mmm...metallic goodness!

1 comment:

  1. Looking for some American Company - Sorry, not Scott, Calla, and I, but Scott parents are in Germany until Thursday and will be in Heidelberg for the day on Wednesday. That is where you are right? If you are looking so someone to talk English with and loves grandbabies drop her an email on Facebook. Lynda Shaff or deltalynda@earthlink.net. Scott's dad has been working a lot so she is on the computer a lot. If I had put two and two together I would have sent some stuff for you. I love your blog and hope all is well.

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete