"One day it occurred to me that it had been many years since the world had been afforded the spectacle of a man adventurous enough to undertake a journey through Germany on foot. After much thought, I decided that I was a person fitted to furnish to mankind this spectacle. So I determined to do it. This was in March, 1878." Mark Twain, A Tramp Abroad

18.10.09

Dungeons and Dragons Reenactment (?)

During a walk along the Neckar today the father and our friend Ross (more about him later) encountered a strange scene. We've seen some bizarre games being played in this park, but I think this tops them all. It appears to be some mix of rugby, dungeons and dragons, home-schoolers, and renassaisance fairs.

By the way, you should really watch to the end--we find what appears to be the "resurrection of the dead" the best part.

Drei, Zwei, Eins...

If you have any idea as to what this is, please enlighten us in the 'comments' section!

4 comments:

  1. I think I can help! Matt and I recently watched a documentary called "Darkon" about a group of people like the ones you saw. They get together and do live action role-playing. Might not be the same, but seems similar. The documentary is actually pretty entertaining: http://www.darkonthemovie.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. No answer to your question. All I can say was what the heck was that???

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have seen this too a bunch of times and we've been asking that question to the locals, but nobody knows what we're talking about. Yea...I have no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, we can tell you all about it now. And it seems they play in HD on Sundays, around midday.

    ReplyDelete