"One day it occurred to me that it had been many years since the world had been afforded the spectacle of a man adventurous enough to undertake a journey through Germany on foot. After much thought, I decided that I was a person fitted to furnish to mankind this spectacle. So I determined to do it. This was in March, 1878." Mark Twain, A Tramp Abroad

16.10.09

The Natives are Getting Restless

On one of our visits to the Altstadt (old part of the city) we were met with a very strange scene--bedsheets hanging from windows and strung across the street with messages written on them.

"We want to SLEEP!"

"NOISE, URINE AND SMUT MUST GO!"



"We also need sleep!"


Some nightshirts for added emphasis.
I guess this is a problem too...
We found this same scene throughout the entire city. Apparently the native inhabitants were protesting against the excessive partying of the people down below--perhaps having something to do with the students returning to the university for the school year. I think they got their point across.

I understand their frustration. I too am awakened in the middle of the night by a noisy person who doesn't pee in the toilet.
But don't these people choose to live in this part of town, above the popular bars and restaurants???

No comments:

Post a Comment