"One day it occurred to me that it had been many years since the world had been afforded the spectacle of a man adventurous enough to undertake a journey through Germany on foot. After much thought, I decided that I was a person fitted to furnish to mankind this spectacle. So I determined to do it. This was in March, 1878." Mark Twain, A Tramp Abroad

29.5.10

Welcome Back Grandma!

Grandma arrived in Heidelberg yesterday after a long day's and night's journey from her home in Jakarta. After Penelope helped her get unpacked they got right down to the business of playing and getting reacquainted.

Looks like someone has gotten herself into a bit of trouble

Penelope's first experience with bubbles. (Watch out! Grandma is armed)

Penelope couldn't quite figure out what to make of them

They just kept getting away from her

Please, please, come back...

Exploring sand with Grandma

Then it was time for a picnic in the park

One for Grandma...

One for me

Now Grandma, open up wide!

Let's go for a walk. I want to show you something.

We're going on a goose hunt

Why hello, Mr. Goose

Look Grandma! I've got a purple pail

Come play with me, please?

Put the shovel in, take the shovel out, put the shovel in, take the shovel out... (thank goodness for patient Grandmas)

Come on, Grandma! Let's go look for some more adventures

No comments:

Post a Comment