"One day it occurred to me that it had been many years since the world had been afforded the spectacle of a man adventurous enough to undertake a journey through Germany on foot. After much thought, I decided that I was a person fitted to furnish to mankind this spectacle. So I determined to do it. This was in March, 1878." Mark Twain, A Tramp Abroad

27.5.10

Excess Baggage

"Alright Daddy, I'm ready to go. Let's get this show on the road!"


"Sorry, Penelope. You can't come with me."
"Please Daddy! I promise I'll behave on the plane this time."


Early this morning the Father took off for Denmark for work--sans Penelope. It's the first time I've been alone with Penelope, and I'm gaining more respect for single moms by the minute. Penelope and I were very sad to see him go, but luckily we're not going to be home alone for long. Tomorrow morning Grandma arrives from Jakarta for a whole week of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment