"One day it occurred to me that it had been many years since the world had been afforded the spectacle of a man adventurous enough to undertake a journey through Germany on foot. After much thought, I decided that I was a person fitted to furnish to mankind this spectacle. So I determined to do it. This was in March, 1878." Mark Twain, A Tramp Abroad

8.3.10

The Kid's Club

Welcome to Penelope's new stomping grounds: The Guesthouse Kid's Club.



The Kid's Club is a huge playroom full of toys just down below where we live at the University Guesthouse. It's a day care center during part of the day, but it's all ours once the kids go home. As soon as the Father walks in the door, all Penelope wants to do is to head straight for the Kid's Club.

She thinks she owns the place.



Her current favorite activity is pushing the baby doll in the stroller.



She is quite proud of herself when she makes it all the way across the room.



Unfortunately, sometimes the doll misbehaves, and Penelope has to intervene.



"Don't worry. I'll take care of it. I know just what to do."



"There. Much better."



"Now she won't cause any more trouble."



That's exactly how I would have handled it too.

And when the baby won't close her eyes and take a nap, Penelope simply helps her out by closing her eyes for her.

Just exactly what I would do.



Penelope is also really good at tracking down the baby when she wanders off.



"Gothca!"

No comments:

Post a Comment