"One day it occurred to me that it had been many years since the world had been afforded the spectacle of a man adventurous enough to undertake a journey through Germany on foot. After much thought, I decided that I was a person fitted to furnish to mankind this spectacle. So I determined to do it. This was in March, 1878." Mark Twain, A Tramp Abroad

3.2.10

In the Bleak Midwinter

In the bleak midwinter
Frosty wind made moan,
Earth stood hard as iron,
Water like a stone;
Snow had fallen, snow on snow,
Snow on snow,
In the bleak midwinter,
Long ago.

Christina Rossetti had that right. Except for the "long ago" part. Bleakness is my current reality. Every day for practically the past two weeks it has been snowing. And bleak. Ugly, gray, cold skies. Bleak. Bleak. BLECH!



the view outside our balcony


Oh SUN, why have you forsaken me?!

No comments:

Post a Comment