"One day it occurred to me that it had been many years since the world had been afforded the spectacle of a man adventurous enough to undertake a journey through Germany on foot. After much thought, I decided that I was a person fitted to furnish to mankind this spectacle. So I determined to do it. This was in March, 1878." Mark Twain, A Tramp Abroad

6.10.09

THE DÖNER

We have discovered the fast food of all fast food.



THE DÖNER

The McDonald's Big Mac has met it's match.

"What is a DÖNER?" you say.

It beings with a huge hunk of meat.
(Don't ask me what kind of meat. I haven't figured that out yet.)



Then the person takes the longest knife you've ever seen and shaves off pieces of the meat into a toasted pita-like bread.

This is topped off with your choice of vegetables (tomatoes, onions, lettuce, cabbage, peppers), cheese, a white creamy sauce, and a sprinkle of red spicy stuff.

Voilà! THE DÖNER




I prefer the meatless, vegetarian version.

As does Penelope.







*I do not, however, reccommend eating a DÖNER while carrying an infant in a Moby wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment